Addis Ababa, April 24, 2014 (SPS) - A delegation of the Saharawi Republic (SADR) takes part at the Extraordinary Session of the Conference of the African Union Ministers of Trade, convening from 23rd to 28th April 2014 in Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia.
The Saharawi delegation is composed of Enguia Mohamed Zargu, expert in trade, and Maria Saila, from the SADR diplomatic mission in Addis Ababa.
The main goal of this Extraordinary Session is to adopt and study several reports related to the:
- Consideration of Africa’s response and implications of the WTO Bali Outcomes.
- Consideration of a Report on Africa’s assessment of the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).
- Consideration of the Implementation Strategy for Boosting Intra-African
- Strategic Discussions on the establishment of the Continental Free Trade Area (CFTA).
- Objectives and guiding principles for the negotiations of the CFTA and Institutional Arrangements for CFTA Negotiations.
This meeting will be immediately followed by the Ministerial Conference which will take place between the 26th and 28 April. (SPS)